Thursday, October 9, 2014

Goodbye Summer...

 Point of Departure (12x16) oil on linen

Wow! What weather we've had! I was at the beach this last week for a few days, and all of them were perfect, blue-sky and summer like (even though this is October!!). I found a new spot to paint on the central Oregon coast too that I never knew existed...


 Sunday Light & Sea Foam (8x10) oil on linen

I stumbled (literally) across it and almost didn't stop to investigate...sure glad I did though, and stayed the whole day painting these pieces there -- I could have done more, but spent some time hiking around and exploring the area...definitely coming back here!


 Fisherman's Rock (6x8) oil on linen

So grateful for the extended summer we have had... I know it all has to end at some point (especially here in the Northwest) but I'll gladly hold on to this last shot of warm sunshine as a reminder of what to look forward to for next year!

Goodbye Summer!









No comments:

Post a Comment